Wednesday 4 March 2015

Talent vs School - Work smarter not harder

Some people were born with talent(s) others have to study to be successful. The likes of Beyoncé Knowles, Ludwig van Beethoven, Michael Angelo, etc were/are all successful by utilizing their talents. Whichever group you fall in we should all learn to respect each other hustle. Different strokes for different folks. So what Beyoncé didn't have to go to college and work at target that doesn't mean she didn't work hard to be where she is today. What people need to understand is that the term "work" is defined as activity involving physical or MENTAL effort done in order to achieve a goal. Work does not only speaks to studying late at night or attending classes or flipping burgers at Burger King. It also involves going on stage and singing your heart out, dancing non stop for hours, modeling down a catwalk and concentrating so as not to fall etc. "Working hard' isn't limited to strenuous activities. Some people work hard mentally they are always coming up with new ways to accomplish their goals, you just don't know it. Who are you to say someone didn't work hard for something so they don't deserve it? Rich or poor everyone has their struggles. Your struggle might not be the same as someone else's struggle.

One should always strive and achieve to work smart and not hard. Let me give you an example: When I was at University I was a bookworm instead of going out to parties and drink ups I'd preferred to stay in watch a show and go over my notes. In class I paid attention and I realized that this cut my study time in half. How you ask? Paying attention in class afforded me to understand most of the times at least 80% of what was taught. The other 20% I would go home and try to understand if I didn't I would find that lecturer before or after class and bombard them with all types of questions. I was never a procrastinator at University like I was in High School, so when most people were cramming the night before exams I was always chill it worked better for me that way. It's hard to do what I did but at the end of the day it was worth it and it was smarter at least to me. Work smarter not harder. Another example let's look at social media, a lot of users want to have lots of followers/friends so instead of going around online and begging for follow backs etc, they post scantily clad photos of themselves. Some of them make up fake funny stories and the followers roll in. I know what you are thinking I will never do any of that... right? I wouldn't either but that's just their way of reaching to the top and for most of them it is effective. Again work smarter not harder.

Maddie Ziegler the little dance sensation from Dance Moms is being home schooled and at a young age she's using her talent to be successful. She gets lots of flack for saying dance comes first. People need to understand that it is OK for others to prefer their talent over school.That doesn't mean she shouldn't have a back up plan in case something happens and she can no longer dance. There's nothing wrong to prefer singing,dancing,acting,etc over sitting in a classroom and vice versa.

If you find a job that you love and is passionate about you will never work a day in your life, for some people it's their talent and if going to school and earning your degree is what makes you happy then go for it. Whatever your choice always remember to work smarter not harder and do not belittle others for achieving their goals before you did, that's not cute.

Albert Einstein - School
Ludwig Van Beethoven - Talent
               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.