Thursday 11 February 2016

My People Let's Get In Formation






You see that video up top? If you haven't already watched it please do so because, this blog post will be focused on the message being portrayed in the video. The video is 4;52 long so let me give you 10 minutes to listen to it at least two times.

*10 minutes later*

Some folks out there are angry about that video you just watched. Yes I said folks because not only white people are mad, there are some black people who are fake mad too (I'll get to that soon). Okay let me stop saying "the video" and "that video", Formation is the title and the singer is Beyoncé. I've seen posts all over social media where people are legit hurt because the video was too "Black" and the black girls who are mad are saying that her weave should not have been blonde. Let's talk about hair... There's a black girl movement going on now if you aren't already aware, this movement is basically encouraging black girls to love their hair and melanin in their natural form. Black people can have blonde hair, Beyoncé's natural hair is a dark blonde, so if this is the reason why you are hating on the video back all the way up and come again child. For years black folks have been saying "Beyoncé" acts like she is white", "She's not helping the movement" and then in the formation video she reminded us that b**ch, I'm black you thought huh? But yet still people are complaining, my opinion you are damn if you do and damn if you don't. The video was all black, the lyrics were all black and the video paid homage to the Black Panthers, Michael Jackson among others. I'm getting to the meat of the matter now... *Drum rolls* White people are extremely pissed, they have formed an #AntiBeyoncé rally group. I see through this ploy though, what they really want to call the rally is Anti-Black but they know all hell would break loose if they do that, so they are using "Beyoncé" as a cover up.

In the latter part of the video Beyoncé also paid homage to all the black brothers and sisters who have fallen because of police Brutality. Notice I said in the latter part of the video close to the end.. you know what this tells me? It basically tells me that these haters sat or stood whatever and watched that video in it's entirety. I would say mission accomplished Beyoncé !!! *inserts clap emoji*, she has gotten her message across whether you hate or Love it. These people are so livid so much so that they are attacking her on National Television, bringing up her husband's past *coughs* and urging the police to investigate if she has any ties to the Black Panthers. Seriously where were you when that famous hotelier billionaire spewed hate, upon hate for the minorities living in the USA? Where were you when that famous southern female chef  made crude Ni**er jokes? Where were you when Trayvon Martin got shot? Where were you when Sandra Bland got murdered in jail? I'll tell you where you were... You were minding your white business and enjoying your white privileges. How about you continue to do that whenever Black people are celebrating ? Mind your white business and stay out of ours. As for the black girls who are fake mad over some hair how about you try to see the bigger picture and stop dwelling on some blonde strands that are on Beyoncé's head?

You know a thought came to me, maybe the people hating on Beyoncé probably thought she was one of them. I mean how many times have we heard them say "Beyoncé acts like she's white"? It would seem that they were starting to believe she was actually one of them. Nobody that gifted can be black right? This whole uproar about Beyoncé quoting "Stop shooting us" in her video is so dumbfounded to me. I've never watched a slavery or Black history movie where some cops/sheriffs weren't the main ones trying to kill us. It's okay for Hollywood to depict this but it's not okay for a Black Entertainer to tell the cops to stop shooting her people?

As I end this blog post let me remind everyone of all races that:

1. "STOP SHOOTING US" IS NOT equivalent to "I HATE POLICE".

2. I LOVE my BLACKNESS is NOT equivalent to I HATE WHITE PEOPLE.



*Peace Out, Until next time walk good.*





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments here.